Kwijibo is a fun, easy to learn word online word game developed in the BYOND system. You can play against computer-controlled bots, or other humans.
To play, you must have BYOND installed. The system is free, and allows you to play many games, as well as
develop your own!
Click to enlarge.
Ready to learn how to play? It's time to Read the Rules!
The game is currently in Beta testing. You can host your own Kwijibo games by simply downloading the files, and running them from within BYOND on your own computer. It's a great way to throw a party with your online buddies! Stop by the forums if you have any questions or wish to report any bugs.
- 11/4/02 - Chair shuffling added; Player's associated with one chair, in case they temporarily leave the game; Dictionary to 8,030 words.
- 11/1/02 - Dictionary to 5,000 words.
- 10/28/02 - Dictionary to 3,150 words.
- 10/27/02 - Bot gameplay AI begun; Stronger bots play in the higher difficulty rooms.
- 10/26/02 - Much improved gameplay including visual indicators for challenged player; Facial expressions added.
- 10/22/02 - Kwijibo uploaded to the BYOND hub for general hosting; Quicker and more accurate site added as primary dictionary source; Dictionary to 1,360 words; Still a few bugs floating around.
- 10/19/02 - Dictionary and lookups cleaned up; Several play bugs fixed; New sound effects; Admin controls added.
- 10/17/02 - Screen flicker was greatly reduced due to some new routines; Many bugs squashed, including overlapping faces and scores; Many successful
test games were played; Dictionary now contains over 1200 words.
- 10/15/02 - A number of gameplay and graphical bugs fixed; First full bug-free 5-person game!; Dictionary up to 1060 words (largely due to Leftley's insanity); Status changed from Alpha to Beta.
- 10/14/02 - First multiplayer testing; Fixed problem recognizing word matches with capitalizations; Game start button disabled after the game begins; Many graphical overlaps fixed (still a few left); Dictionary up to 910 words.
Further AI gameplay development
Graphic display of challenge words
Room creation with "house rules" and passwords for subscribers
Ranking and recognition system for subscribers
Note: The word "Kwyjibo" was coined by Bart Simpson while cheating in ScrabbleTM. The Y may have been worth more points in his game,
but the new spelling has more pizzaz!